Sunday, January 03, 2010

The Aftermath

We made it through the holidays and now we're back. Charlotte stayed up until 1:30 AM last night because we got in late, but other than that we mostly feel normal. Our Christmas vacation was unbelievably awesome. I actually had time to spend with my husband. Since we don't usually get that I sometimes forget how awesome and fun he is to spend time with. We basically spent two weeks watching HGTV and let me tell you there is nothing like spending two weeks of beautiful homes, and remodel homes, and homes to sell to give you the renovate, redecorate bug. My new jobs I've decided to do are:
  • Finish taking down the stinking wall paper finally! You'd think I could finish that project, but since I'm almost done with it I somehow feel like it will perhaps finally declare defeat and jump off the wall by itself.
  • Rip up the linoleum on the stairs. And also the metal treads. I've wanted this done for a while, but it has never been to the top of my list. I guess it still isn't, but I would like to have it done.
  • And finally I'd like to repurpose the sewing room. Let's face it, I haven't done any serious sewing in a while. What I'd like to do is transform it into a play room that could also give me easy access to set up sewing if I would like. Mostly I feel like we have this wonderful space that has a door closed to it all day every day and we could really use that space.
  • Also, and this is totally optional, I would love to sew a quilt for our queen bed that is about a foot wider than either of the quilts we currently use on it. Since neither quilt was sewn for a queen size bed, it's probably time to get cracking on that one.

More on these projects to come. (Hopefully)

2 comments:

Rita said...

what are you doing with your stairs once the lenoleum and grids are off? I have the same thing going to our basement and I was just going to replace the lenoleum with newer stuff... are there other options? Do you have nice stairs underneath?

Maggie said...

Do we have nice stairs underneath is a great question. We don't know. If it turns out that we do have nice stairs then we're going to sand them down and stain them like we have done through the main floor of the house. If not then we have a few options. Replace it with nicer stuff, or going to the rug guy and getting a stair runner (like what the Bacon's have at their house). We'll have to wait and see.