Monday, January 18, 2010

Sleepy

I probably shouldn't post right now because I'm tired. I'm very tired and that's all I can think about. tired.tired.tired. Saturday I woke up thinking, "Today's the day my house will be rid of wallpaper. I will not stand for it one more day." So I spent the entire day doing just that. And NOTHING else. I'd like to tell you all that I'm very proud of my victory over the wallpaper. In fact the paper in the kids room practically fell off on its own in defeat. Then Sunday came around and I can't bring myself to do anything but the bare minimum on Sunday. (Interpret that however you want.) So today I woke up thinking, "Oh crap, I've got a lot of cleaning, organizing, and packing to do before Wednesday." Or at least that's what I would have been thinking had I woken up on my own.

What really happened was that my son has decided that if Dad's up, so is he. He has awakened at 5:30 everyday for a week. Up until today Dan's been gone out of the house by then, but not this morning. Mostly I just ignore the cries for as long as it takes him to quit and go back to sleep, which he generally does within 15-60 minutes of the initial cries. Today however, not only did he wake up, but so did Charlotte, and so did the cat, and Dan didn't leave quite so early so they never went back to sleep. We all started our days at 5:30. So I can't really write what I was thinking when I woke up this morning because it's not something I would ever say out loud.

So then I got working on cleaning the house and do you know how hard it is to clean the house when every half hour or so you have to stop and take at least 10 minutes to entertain the kids? I've spent all day cleaning and I've only touched the upstairs, but you should see the beauty that is my bedroom. My sanctuary as I like to call it. Oh, but if you saw the kitchen. I'll get to that next, right after my nap.

No comments: