Friday, January 15, 2010

Family Date Night

Today Daniel unexpectedly came home from the hospital early. Two hours early! I knew I had to jump on that opportunity for time with him before he decided that the best use of his time would be to sleep. (Probably it would be the best use at this point, but he's strong. He can handle sleeplessness.) I quickly came up with four options for a family activity for us to do.
  1. Go miniature golfing.
  2. Go to The Magic House.
  3. Go to Monkey Joes.
  4. Go to the Mall and let Charlotte run around the indoor play area.

After an hour of hemming and hawing, guess which one he chose? If you guessed #4 you win. Pat yourself on the back for knowing how my husband's two top priorities are: to not spend money and to run around the least ammount.

It ended up being such a wonderful family date night. Charlotte played to her hearts content and then we walked around a sporting goods store where she played some more. Dan and I got to talk about stuff, and Greg has decided that he likes to flip backwards off my lap. He does this while I'm holding his hands. On our way out we walked through Nordstrom where I happened upon a wonderful little hat that was on sale. So I decided to take some of my Christmas money and buy it. It is really cute and I'm happy. Dan said, "I thought you didn't wear hats." I told him, "I don't wear them because I don't have them." So now that I have one I'm going to have to experiment with it.

No comments: