Wednesday, March 09, 2011

A Break

Today I decided to take a break. I didn't go for my morning walk with my friend at 6. I slept in and my sweet husband let me sleep in past the kids waking up. And he got breakfast ready for me when I came downstairs.

My next decision was to take a break from working on our house. I know it's madness this close to selling, but so was my state of mind. Also my house is so messy I can't find anything and so dirty that it sort of grosses me out to walk around in it. My plan was to clean and straighten.

Then Charlotte asked me to make a hand print butterfly out of construction paper with her. So I decided to take a break from everything else to trace her hands four times on each color of paper so we could cut them out and glue them together into the most beautiful rainbow butterfly.

Then Charlotte's dog was bored. So he decided to help me pick up their bedroom/toy room. That is one helpful puppy. Greg also helped too.

I decided that I wanted to get dressed so in order to do that I needed to pick up my room and fold a few items of laundry. Charlotte had other plans. I took a break from that to have show and tell time downstairs. My show and tell item was a red hot pad, Greg's was a toy drill, and Charlotte's was a family photo with Santa from last Christmas.

I went upstairs to finish folding laundry. Charlotte decided to be a tickle ghost/zombie by piling 4 or 5 blankets on her and growling at me. I decided to take a break. I played along with her and I grabbed her and tickled her. She squealed, grabbed her blankets and ran across the landing to her room for refuge. Then she came back for more. Unfortunately when you can't see where you're going you tend to walk where you shouldn't. She fell down the stairs. Fortunately she had 4 or 5 blankets on her so she didn't get hurt at all.

While I was showering she put the blankets away (!) and got out towels because we were going to the beach. Greg was acting really sad and screaming. I realized this was probably because it was lunchtime. Time to get back to work. I told her I couldn't got to the beach because I needed to get lunch ready. She was sad. So I decided to take a break and we had a picnic lunch at the beach today. We packed our turkey sandwiches in her picnic basket and climbed the stairs to the beach. She told me the rules at the beach are that there is no "glittering" (littering) and no sharing food. We followed the rules strictly.

The day's only half way over and not much has actually been accomplished. It still has been more fun than anything we've done in a long time.

3 comments:

denise said...

Made me tear up! I suppose I need a break too.

Katie said...

I *hate* going to places where glittering isn't allowed!

Anonymous said...

There will always be clothes to fold and rooms to pick-up, but a very limited number of days to go to the beach where no glittering is allowed.
Love
John