Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Somewhat like Santa

This morning Greg found some really old silly bandz that Aunt Katie gave to Charlotte.  In a feeling of good will Charlotte gave them to Greg.  Then a conversation about Aunt Katie ensued in which Charlotte said, "Aunt Katie is good because she always knows what you're gonna like."  That made me chuckle.

In other news, I decided to phase out nursing of my smallest.  In my continuing lesson on things never go how you planned and also every kid is different I'm stopping nursing surprisingly early this time.  I nursed Charlotte for 10 months and Greg for 13 so it feels a little odd stopping at 8 with Lee, but he is totally ready for it.  Nursing was like a wrestling match every time and I wasn't convinced he was actually getting anything to drink.  He often had diapers that showed lack of fluid intake.  So on Monday I gave him a bottle and lo and behold there was rejoicing on his part.  He LOVES bottles and I no longer have to pin him down to stay on my lap for food.  I do still nurse him first thing in the morning because he likes to cuddle me right when he gets up so it's a win win for everyone.  I feel so free!

No comments: