Wednesday, August 29, 2007

File this week under:

My life is amazing!


First, on Monday I was in charge of family night. I did the lesson on gratitude. After reading a few scriptures on the importance of being grateful for what we have we made a list of the things that our family is thankful for. Then I said how I was feeling really sorry for myself a few days ago and then after thinking about all that I have and am thankful for the situation turned completely around in my mind and now I'm glad about it. After I had finished our lesson I asked Dan if he had anything he wanted to add and he said that he wanted to let me know how grateful he was for me and for all I do for our family. He said he didn't know how he would be able to do all this without me. That made me so happy! Even typing it now I get a little teary eyed! Being appreciated makes all the difference. I am so SO SO happy with my life and my sweetheart.


Then, yesterday, Charlotte and I went to the wading pool in the park next to our house. It was the first time ever that she's worn her swimsuit and she had a blast. We sat together in the inch of water at the very edge and splashed our hands in the water. There was also a little fountain that came out of the ground and sprayed about 6 inches into the air next to us and we splashed in that a little bit. Oh it was so much fun to see her so excited about it!

Lastly, my sister has been calling me more often! I do love to talk to her. She doesn't like to talk on the phone very much, if at all, so any time she calls it's like a special treat. I like that she just lets me ramble on and on about nothing. Thanks Katie!

Anyway, isn't my life amazing? I think you'd have to agree!

6 comments:

Katie said...

That sure is a cute picture of baby Char!

I'm sure mom is getting sad because all of the previously alloted phone time went to talking to her. But I think you are in greater need of a little phone time right now.

Anonymous said...

I like to talk to mom in the morning so you two have different calling times.

Anonymous said...

That Char is soooo cute! I just want to pick her up and hug her. What a thoughtful mom to take her to the pool and splash together.

Anonymous said...

Chatlotte is ALMOST catching up to Madeline in chubbiness. I'm glad you had a great time at the wading pool. I'm sure Dan would have loved to be there with you.

Anonymous said...

I went by Enchanted Village in Tacoma last week and I remembered wading with our two little girls and one that went face first into the water and had to be rescued by her Dad in his brand nwe dress shoes.

Maggie said...

You've always been there to rescue me! I love you Daddy!