Friday, August 24, 2007

My Sanity

So yesterday I was really questioning my sanity. I think my husband was questioning it too because he kept giving me lots of hugs. He's so cute when he thinks something's wrong and there's nothing he can do to fix it. I decided that the issue is that I've slackened on my goals. Remember the goals that I wrote down a while back? Physical Activity, making the bed, learning new things, regular scripture study. Well, since we moved I pretty much let them go to the wind. Last night as I went to bed I just felt awful. I just wanted to cry. This morning when I woke up I decided that I should jump start back onto those goals again. I know my life is hectic and nothing is in any sort of schedule, but doing those things will make me feel better.

I also decided that I need to talk to an adult other than my husband. I love him, but when he comes home for the day he's spent! He works so hard at school and talks so much and is concentrating so hard, and still has more studying to do that he doesn't have a whole lot left to give. I totally understand that and I also appreciate that he does make an effort. He talks all during dinner about my day and his day and what we want to do about certain things and it's great. The problem comes in that out of 24 hours I spend 7 hours sleeping (sort of), 15-16 hours conversing with a baby that can't talk, and 1 maybe 2 hours with an adult. I decided I need more.

That is why this morning I walked for about an hour, and had Tammy over with her two kids to play. It was SOOOOO GOOOOOOD! Plus, I think Charlotte was happier having stuff to do with Madeline, Tammy's baby girl. Anyway, we're much happier today.

2 comments:

Mary Gibb said...

MAGGIE!!!!!
It is Mary Harper Gibb-- I need to find you! I miss you like crazy! I see that you have a baby! and that you live in St. Louis! My husband is from St. Louis! Write or Call! mrsmarygibb@gmail.com or 8014716554

Katie said...

Good idea baby. I'll try to call more!