Thursday, August 09, 2007

Moving

Is it just me or does everyone think that moving totally and completely stinks. Even if you're moving to do something new and exciting or just moving because it's time to move it is awful. I especially don't like moving to new states. Then on top of the moving mess you have to change all your vehicle information, your driver's license, and a whole lot of other dumb stuff. Every day I think, today's the day that I will finish getting everything out of boxes and start to get everything organized and in it's place. Every night I go to bed thinking about all the stuff that we still have left to do. Also I get this completely unfounded frustration with my husband for not getting stuff done. Really what I think is happening is that I am frustrated with myself and my inefficiency brought on by a few different factors: the baby, our apartment isn't finished, and I have no clean clothing. I fully know that my husband is working HARD and doing all that he can to get things done. Everyday when he gets back from campus we get something big checked off our list (yesterday it was opening a new bank account since Wells Fargo isn't around here). And yet every night all I see is what is still left on the stinking list! Ugh! I have to mentally give myself a talking to so that I don't dump all my stress out on him. Remember Maggie, he is doing all he can! He's already finished stripping the stairs. He shouldn't even have to be doing the extra stuff. It's our landlord's fault that he can't help unpack because he's trying to get our apartment completed! He really is going above and beyond! What if you had a husband that couldn't do all the handy man stuff around the house? You would never be able to move in! Now I just have to be a big girl and follow my own lectures. On the up side, I absolutely love our new place. This place was his choice and boy did he chose a good one! We live in the top floor of a two story house. It's brick and it has a whole lot of character on the outside. On the inside it has all new carpet and new paint. Plus, I absolutely love looking out our windows to the trees in the front and back of our house. The vents for our AC are about three feet above the floor in the wall and they have decorative covers on them. I'm sure that this place will be great for us once we're settled in. Plus, now that I can actually cook meals for my family I'm feeling much better about our place. We're no longer pouring money out of our bank account because we have to eat out. I'm feeling much, much better about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't swet the details. You will have lots of time to decorate when Dan starts School.

Enjoy your new home.

Maggie said...

Thanks daddy.