Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My Magazine

Last week, or maybe it was the week before, Dan and I were waiting in line at the checkout at the grocery store. While in line Dan likes to read me the headlines of all the magazines like he really cares about what the stars are doing. He's always done this. I'm not sure why it started, but I think it's really funny. Sometimes he'll add in the headlines of the homemaking magazines too. Like the headline is tantalizing him with the answer to one of his great decorating dilemas. So there we were and I look down and see "O" the Oprah magazine. In all fairness I have never read the O magazine and I have no idea what it's about. So I asked Daniel, "If you had your own magazine would you put a picture of yourself on it every month?" His answer was of course, No. Then I asked, "If you had your own magazine what would you have it be about?" His answer, "Outdoor activites, camping, hiking, climbing." I figured it was eithr that or cars.

Ever since I've been asking myself what I would put in my own magazine. I have no idea! I guess it'd be a parenting magazine. Am I really a parenting magazine? I like to read them, a lot. I do spend a lot of time dealing with poop and how to get rid of it. Maybe my magazine would be about sewing. I do like to sew. Perhaps it would be about living on a budget? I don't know.

So anyway, the question(s) of the day is/are: if you had a magazine what would it be about? Would you put a photo of yourself on it every month? Do you think others would want to read it?

5 comments:

Anth said...

I think my magazine might be too eclectic for anyone else to want to read. It would have a lot of parenting, a lot of fashion, some current events, a dab of politics, and highlights of the most interesting discoveries of science, archaeology and history.

And I would call it M and put myself on the cover EVERY month. Ha ha!

The Barkers said...

Hair. And make-up. I'm so vain.

Katie said...

My magazine would be pretty much like my blog. Cute stuff, how to design rooms, funny stories about the ear doc and cool stuff to cook.

I might throw a current event in there....wait...who am I kidding. I hate the news.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what magazine I would be, probaly knitting related so I wouldn't need to be on the cover, just a wonderful project (I have just designed a series of "one skein" scarves.)
The reading the magazine headlines thing might be a leftover from Dan's childhood - seems I would do the same thing to keep the children entertained in the checkout line. Just goes to show -you can never predict what will "stick" !!

Anonymous said...

My magizene would be about physical fitness and would emphisize Iron Man and River Running.