Friday, August 31, 2007

Almost there!

I am so close to being done unpacking I can smell it! I only have three boxes left to unpack and they are purely decorations. I am so excited about this prospect. The only issue now is that we don't really have all that much stuff! Our new place is so much bigger than the single wide. We have a whole extra room that I don't have any furniture for! Really that room is supposed to be our dining room, but it seems very impractical with our little one so what I think I'm going to use it for is a play room/sewing room. It's big enough to comfortably fit both. Plus, that means that I can still keep an eye on the baby while I'm sewing. Now I just have to figure out how to configure the room for the best use. This place still doesn't feel quite like home yet though. I think it's because I haven't hung any of our photos. Also because it looks pretty empty. We'll see. I've got four years to fill it up so I'm not in any hurry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being almost unpacked! It took us 5 years to get to all the boxes - Just this spring we found something we thought was lost under the stairs in Dan's worldly possessions. I know you will enjoy having asewing center and Charlotte will need a playroom sooner than you think! Maddie was jsut here & she can get pretty much anywhere she sets her mind to getting - I can't imagine a grandchild of mine being so determinted ........