Monday, May 08, 2006

Getting the Grade

Well I spent 11 hours on Saturday writing the "paper" for my Women's Study class. Actually it's writing on a web site. Well actually it's just adding the paper in a multiple page format onto my blog for the class. The part that took me the 11 hours on Saturday was just the writing though. Oh the agony! It made me want to bang my head against the wall, even though I really enjoyed the topic before writing about it. When it's done maybe I'll link to it for anyone to read, although I'm not sure how many of you are interested in knowing about vacuum impregnation of fruits and vegetables with nutrients, or edible food packaging, or women in China. (Yes all three are in the paper.) At any rate I spent so much time on Saturday writing the thing! I was really upset because it was moderately good weather and my husband got to go climbing and it was mom's weekend this weekend so there were mom's all over campus and mine wasn't there. So I spent some of that 11 hours pouting. Today I got on blackboard and found out that the prof used the stuff I have submitted so far as an example for the class! That's kind of exciting!

On the plus side I got my pilot plant midterm back today. I got a 90.5% on it! Then I was looking at my answer and how I got marked off on something and that I thought it wasn't fair. The question said, "Interpret your answer if you....." so I went up and asked the professor what he meant by interpret and he told me to find the final spore count of the can after the process. I did that. Then I was marked down for not writing that "the process would not be sufficient for legal standards." I did, however, write that the final spore count would be 2.2x10^-9 (which doesn't meet legal standards.) Since the prof had told me during the test only to find the final count I felt I shouldn't have gotten points taken off. He agreed and now my score is: 92%. Ok so that wasn't that big a deal, but I just like to be right. OK? Long story short, when I graduate in 7 weeks you can all trust me to process your canned food and not kill you. I know what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Maggie! You can be so funny. I'm so glad you & Dan found each other.