Sunday, May 28, 2006

Snickers, Peanut Butter Cups, Skittles

Today in Relief Society the lesson was about being more Christ-like. The teacher gave a wonderful lesson about how we need to be Christ-like and think of others more. I loved the lesson. At the end she gave out little baggies of candy with a little saying on it,

"Wouldn't it be nice if we looked at people and candy the same and liked them all? And didn't just pick out the prettyor smart people or red and blue candy."
To which I thought, "But I don't like all candies. In fact I hate ones with nuts." When I told my husband the quote he said the same thing. Maybe we need to work on liking all candies.

P.S. I love the candies she gave out in the bag. They're candy coated chocolate chips and they taste like sixlets.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Maybe she was saying it would be nice if you could enjoy all of the different kinds of candies as well as all the different kinds of people. I would love to like nuts in candies and desserts because then I could eat more of it...

JenLo said...

I think those candies are Kissables (like Hershey kisses with M&M shell on the outside). PS--I agree, bad analogy about the candy. Maybe she should've just used one type that comes in different colors like M&Ms 'cause they all taste the same.

Anonymous said...

All candies are not created equal.

Katie said...

Very bad analogy.

The thing about candy is that you should never feel remorse about pitching the ones with that weird pink goo in the middle.

Also, what would she say about the liquor filled ones? eh?