Wednesday, May 10, 2006

OSU in the Springtime

My favorite thing about spring here is not that we finally get to see the sun. It also isn't that the rhododendrons, which are twice my height seem to be covered with fountains of pink, red, and white flowers. It also isn't that people around here are happier. My favorite thing about spring here is that they open the windows in the music building. I'm not sure if that's because the cooling system isn't very good or just that they like the fresh air, but I love it. As I walk or ride my bicycle past the building wonderful music is pouring out of it. You can hear it all around and even into the quad in front of the library. It's like a little piece of culture as I go about my business. Sometimes it's a jazz band, other times it's a choir, today it was some sort of xylophone music. I love everything I hear.

No comments: