Saturday, May 06, 2006

I made it

Well, this week I had three midterms, two lab write-ups and one research paper to do. What a week! It's Saturday and I'm in the library writing my research paper. I'm a little behind, but as its for my online course and it's due date is "during week 5" I consider Saturday to be part of week five and I'm calling it good. My husband is out climbing and I'm pouting because I have to be inside writing a stupid paper. Well the paper isn't stupid, just the fact that I have to write it is stupid. I HATE writing. Oh well.

Yesterday we went looking at cars and it made me sort of upset. We have $8,000 from the insurance when the Jeep was totalled. I figured this is a lot of money and we wont have any problem finding a car. Here's what we want (and by we I mostly just mean Dan):
  • Four doors (that one's my preference)
  • Hatch-back or wagon style (Dan's preference)
  • Toyota matrix or something vibe (but yesterday we looked at a VW wagon that was really pretty)
Other than that we're not that picky. Dan doesn't want automatic and I don't care either way on that one. I just want to look at it and think that I'm driving a pretty car. I gravitate towards the blue ones. There was this one yesterday that was a steele blue color and it was magnificent. Anyway whenever we go to look at cars enevitably a salesman comes out to talk and when he finds out the money we're planning on spending its almost like they want to walk away because they know their commission will be lousy. Kind of depressing. I know that Dan's totally given up on buying one at a dealership because we don't have enough money. Oh well.

Yesterday we went to a little party that Dan's workmates/friends were throwing. As we would be eating their food I thought we should bring something. I whipped up a little cherry pie (I just used the cherry filling you buy at the store for the middle). When I brought it over everyone gushed over it and said how it's been so long since they've had a pie from scratch and how amazing it was. I just said thanks instead of giving up the secret that the only thing I did was make the crust. At least they liked it!

No comments: