Thursday, May 04, 2006

Something wonderful

Yesterday as I woke up the first thing that went through my head was, "Dum, du, dum, dum duuuuuuumm. This is the day I have two of the hardest midterms I've had since coming to OSU. All in one day. This can't be good." But then I went and took a shower. When I got out I had this thought go through my head, "Something wonderful is going to happen to me today." I just couldn't shake that feeling. Not even after handing in my first test feeling a little down trodden with a sore finger from writing as fast and furious as I could. I still felt something wonderful was going to happen. And you know what, it did! Was it that I did awesome on my two tests because I'm a genious? Well, no. I mean I probably did decent and I'll be satisfied with my grades, but awesome? I think not.

I got home after working for 2.5 hours on my second test of the day absolutely exhausted! I just crashed on the sofa. When my husband came home (keep in mind that he had a midterm that morning) he said, "If you'll make out a list I'll go grocery shopping for us." My heart was practically singing! Then he topped that off by saying, "I'll pick up a $3 pizza from the grocery store too so you don't have to cook." Right then and there I knew he loved me. What made the whole evening wonderful though was that he did all the laundry last night! He stayed up to do it while I went to bed! Now that my friends, is romance! He is my something wonderful.

No comments: